Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Zoo

Spring break is here and I am off work for an entire week!  Unfortunately Julia is having surgery on Thursday, but I am determined to enjoy the other days off (well, not Friday because she will be recovering and have to see the doc that day).

Yesterday had its ups and downs.  It started with lots of difficulty getting her contact in.  While she was laying on the floor playing with a teething ring, I unpacked all of Jed's summer clothes to switch out his wardrobe.  I moved her into his room while I packed up clothes.   When I picked her up I realized her contact was gone.  I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find it.  And the heartbreaking thing is that I didn't know when to stop.  How long do you keep looking for a miniscule, yet expensive, little peice of plastic/silicone/whatever it is.  I had a good cry and a small pity party (why me, why Julia, how am I going to get through this, etc) and then moved on.  Jed played outside on the deck in his little pool and we enjoyed the rest of the day.  It is hard to believe that it is the first week of April and we could already play outside in the pool!

Today we went to the zoo.  St. Louis has the best zoo (and it is free!).  My sister, her kids, my other neices, and my mom and dad went too.  We had a great time.  It was Julia and Jed's first time there.  Jed was a little (well a lot) rambunctious and demanded to run the whole time.  He wouldn't sit in the stroller, he wanted to RUN.  But he loved the animals and had a great time.

In the petting zoo.

Playing in the children's zoo.

He found those pink glasses in the jeep.

Chillin in the stroller.

Finally a pic of an animal - sort of.

So I am trying to keep busy to keep my mind of Julia's surgery.  I know it will go fine and everything will be okay.  I just don't want any more surprizes.  So if you think about it - say a little prayer for Julia on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I just had a moment to read this and catch up. I'm so sorry you are all having to go through this. Bless her. I didn't even know that could happen!! Praying for you all! Surgery is no fun at all! Please keep us updated when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still praying for her.... Also I would like to point out that there is an animal in the first picture as well. It just happens to be the tail end. Am I sensing a theme? hahaha jk I used to watch the animals at the zoo. Now I watch my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family will be in my thoughts all week... Happy Easter! PS. I am so jealous that you are playing outside in a pool!!! We won't be doing that for at least a few weeks, if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. prayers definitely coming your way! The zoo pics are awesome! I love his blond hair!

    ReplyDelete