Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Turning Two!

My little boy has turned 2.  He is no longer that snuggly, small baby that falls asleep in your arms and needs you every minute of the day.  He is a little boy - a rough and tumble, "I do it," climb on everything, big laughs, name all the construction equipment little boy.  He says "I love you Mommy" and my heart melts as much as it did the first time I saw the little flicker of a heartbeat on an ultrasound.  He asks for the "sunshine song" every night before bed.  I wish I could permanently imprint every single moment in my mind - I never want to forget his smiles, his laughs, his funny sayings, his adventurous spirit.  He still snuggles, still wants to be held, and occasionally falls asleep in my arms.  He doesn't need me every minute of the day, but I am still there for every minute.  Watching, remembering, trying to capture time as it flies by. 

It seems like just yesterday that I was counting down the days to the end of my pregnancy, waddling around, and going through labor.  Wasn't he just laid on my chest in the hospital?  The little 8 lb bundle is now a 29 pound little boy with an attitude and a brilliant mind.

There is something special about a mother-son relationship.  I cherish it.  It is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. 

36 weeks pregnant

Newborn

One year old

Two years old!

Eating cake.

I love my sweet boy.


3 comments:

  1. What a doll baby! He is so adorable! Two years feels like two seconds sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jed! He always has the biggest smiles in your pics, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you captured what a boy is-they are the best! He is seriously adorable. Love his grins!

    ReplyDelete