Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Google is not always your friend

After the appointment with the Eye Clinic, I started googling everything I could about PHPV and cataracts.  It was awful.  There is very little information out there about PHPV and most of it is pretty grim.  I read about micro-eyes, prosethic shells, blindness.  It made me crazy!  However, I did find some wonderful blogs from other moms that helped me put things into perspective and realize that I would adjust to this new "normal."  I found cute patches and tips for putting contacts in infants.  But deep down I was petrified.  I was afraid of what they would find in surgery - would the retina be okay, would she be able to see?  These questions wouldn't leave me.  I basically ran on auto-pilot for the week in between her doctor appointment and the surgery.  So my advice to others - limit your google!  Not all the information applies to you.  Take what does and forget the rest!

1 comment:

  1. This title and post is so TRUE! It can be informative, but it is sometimes way too much information.

    ReplyDelete