Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crafty

I have become quite crafty.  I decided to actually look at pinterest (I may be recanting my declarations of pinterest evil) and found some fun things for the kids to do.  My goal is not to be super educational or be super mom - but to keep them busy and to keep Julia patched.  So here are some of our recent fun things.  Beware - there are a LOT of pics in this post.

Playing kitchen

 
 
Playing with the kindle
 
 
We made some homemade sidewalk chalk paint.  The kids both really enjoyed it.
 
 
 
This was the second batch.  I had to make more blue for Jed.
 
 
 
We made food color ice cubes to have some fun.  We put them in a bin of water and then in the pool.
 
 
 
 
 
I went to the dollar store and for a small investment was able to get a ton of fun things.  I got a bunch of sponges and squirt bottles and the kids spent a good hour "cleaning" on the deck.
 
 
 
 
Today we were archaeologists.  I froze some toy dinosaurs in some water and Jed tried to "excavate" them.  He tried to hammer it.  Then tried squirting water in it.  After some discussion, he figured out that if he threw it in the pool it would melt like the ice cubes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We did some more food coloring ice cubes today too.
 
 
 
See the sticky from her patch?
 
 
 
 
Then we had a "car wash" with Jed's toy cars.
 
 
 
 
Seriously, I love dollar tree.  I was able to get even more supplies for some additional summer fun.  They have all sorts of things like butterfly nets, sand toys, sponges, popsicle sticks, etc.  Cheap way to have a bit of fun.  And check out pinterest.  We are still going to try some "summer snow," goop, and play doh.
  

2 comments:

  1. Wow imomma! I am impressed with your ambition to entertain and enjoy summer to the fullest with your littles. You are my inspiration, considering you are a month ahead of me on this summer vacation business, I just might have to steal some of these ideas!!! ;)

    Loving all your recent posts and pics, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO impressed! I am stealing the dinosaur thing. Very fun idea! They are so stinking cute together. Julia has the best expressions!

    It is always about keeping the patch on...I felt like we did SO much the last 2 summers to keep Anderson busy just because of the patch.

    ReplyDelete