Thursday, June 6, 2013

Picking, Pool and Popsicles...with a Patch!

We've been enjoying our summer immensely.  I've been trying to find things to keep my munchkins busy.  It hasn't been easy.  Monday, we went strawberry picking.  It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed it.

 
Jed seemed to enjoy picking them.  Julia spent most of the time eating them!
 
 
 
Here are some more pics.  Julia actually left her patch on while picking.  Patching has become quite a struggle again so finding anything to keep her occupied and keep her hands off her face is a bonus.
 
 
 


 
Jed finally ate one!
 
 
After putting the strawberries safely in our fridge, we headed to the pool.  The water was still chilly, so we didn't stay too long.  But the kids had fun (although Julia is not a fan of the water).  Jed found several frogs and splashed around while Julia ate snacks and sat with Mom.
 

A new patch, but keeping it on!




After coming home from the pool (and taking a nap), we went onto the deck for popsicles.  This is a messy affair, so we had baths right after (with glow sticks) but I didn't take pics of the bath.



This is one of my favorite pics of Jed.

So that was our Monday!  We've been to the playground, painting, gone to Chick-Fil-A and a million other things.  I literally try to plan 10 things for the day to keep them occupied and try (quite desperately) to get Julia to keep her patch on.  She has become such a stinker and will simply rip it off and hand it to me.  Then she runs! 

So if anyone has advice for how to keep her patch on, let me know.  I'm not sure what else to try.  And any ideas for activities, give me those too! 

I'll keep you posted on our summer adventures!









 
 



3 comments:

  1. I love this! A day in the life of...a very busy family! Summer definitely does call for some serious planned activities to prevent loss of sanity for the moms! It looks like you have covered so many things, I am stealing some of your ideas!

    You are in the absolute worst phase of patching with her age, I think. Out of the 2 1/2 years that we have been patching, that was FOR SURE the hardest time. There is no reasoning, they are into everything and the heat makes it even worse. I have no advice but I will say it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their pics- and am jealous of your energy!!!

    Good luck with patching- I hate it for our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glow sticks in the bath! Thats something I've never tried. Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete