Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Father's Day! (and some potty training too)

Happy Father's Day (belated) to all the Dads out there.  James is an amazing Father to Jed and Julia.  He is our protector, provider and brings fun to our lives on a daily basis.  Can't imagine life without him.

Dad sleeps while Jed plays.


Jed and Julia decided to make some "flowers" for Daddy for Father's Day.  (Really, I made them do it and they were not really thrilled with having paint on their hands and feet - but we got it done.)

This is about as creative as I get.


We had a quiet Father's Day at home - just spending time together.  On Monday we started the dreaded...Potty Training!  Yikes, it is tough.  We had tried a month ago and it was an epic fail.  Jed has been showing more signs of being ready so I figured I would give it another shot.


Potty training requires juice, towels and underwear!

I was a little worried about the carpet!


So it is going okay.  Having some accidents, but also going on the potty.  He is pretty excited about his Mickey Mouse underwear and getting a piece of candy when he goes.  I hope the excitement lasts long enough to get him fully trained!


This is what Julia was doing while we frantically ran to the potty every 15 minutes:


8 months is definitely not too old to nap in the swing!



So life is hectic but good.  Julia's contact is still popping out on a daily basis, but I am just trying to deal with it.  Her EUA is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 26th.  She'll have tubes put in her ears during the procedure as well.  Other than that, we are just enjoying our summer!












2 comments:

  1. That is so funny you did hand and foot prints for Father's Day... we did something very similar! I just haven't posted it yet. LOL I love how it turned out, I might have to steal that idea for next time! ;) Potty training, yikes I have zero advice... good luck! Don't be shy on throwing any tips out there. I will take all the tips and tricks I can get when I potty train TWO at the same time!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh and just as I was posting my comment, I remembered... I think faculty goes back to school the first week of Sep. shame on me for not even knowing the actual date. You can tell how excited I am! ha. Our students are just getting out of school today actually!

      Delete