Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins

I love fall!  Pumpkins and cooler weather and all the fall activities.  It is awesome!  We've had a blast going to trunk or treat, picking an carving pumpkins, and being together.

 
We had a blast at the pumpkin patch.  The kids rode the ponies, played in the corn, rode the barrel train and picked their own pumpkins.  The hayride to the pumpkin fields was fun.  On the way back, the tractor ran out of gas, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise.  The tractor stopped right by where they are digging a new pond so Jed was entertained by the bulldozer while we waited for gas.  It was an awesome afternoon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
James got the kids the biggest pumpkin ever!  He remembers always wanting a big pumpkin as a kid, so I guess to relive his childhood, he got a ginormous pumpkin.  The kids loved it and had so much fun carving it.
 
 








The kids are officially ready for Trick or Treating.  We went to trunk or treat at their preschool, and they had a blast.  We also went to trunk or treat at a local church.  I made the mistake of taking Julia to that event with her patch on and she really had a hard time.  It was one of those situations where you could really tell that she is impaired when patched.  She was stumbling over the concrete and having trouble locating things.  About half way through, I took the patch off.  I wanted her to enjoy herself and I figured a half hour of patching wasn't worth it.  Now we are just praying that the rain stays away on Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE that you guys went all out on the big ol punkin!!! Bravo.

    I also think every ikid has to be a pirate for Halloween at least once in their life time. Too bad Easton and Julia couldn't sport their costumes together this year... pirate perfection! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin is the greatest thing ever. Literally!

    Love all of then pics of the pumpkin in patch and Halloween. I agree that every I kid has to be a pirate. Sort of like a rite of passage....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not done... Very, very cute kiddos and I love all of he the family pics!

    ReplyDelete