Monday, March 11, 2013

Home sick

It seems lately that the only time I can blog is when I am home with a sick kid.  This time it is Julia.  She had an ear infection in January (see the last post) and about 10 days ago she had another one.  We finished the round of antibiotics, and she is still sick.  She was vomiting and her ear was draining.  So we are doing another round of a stronger antibiotic and we are having the gunk from her ear cultured.



In some good news, she is finally talking!  She will say Mommy, Daddy, and night night.  As long as she keeps adding words every month, we won't need to add speech therapy.

We had a two snow days a few weeks ago.  I ended up only working two days that week because of President's day and two snow days.

 
 
 
And Daddy got a new tractor.  Jed actually wasn't too thrilled with the ride, but he loves "helping" Daddy fix it.
 

 
 
As far as the EYE goes - it is pretty much status quo.  We had to order a new set of snuggle wraps (arm immobilizers) because she has started ripping off her patches again.  She has a doctor appointment over spring break and I am anxious to see what our next step is since we are past strabismus surgery.

See my EYE.
 
 
 
Jed's been having fun too.
 
He found a box of outgrown clothes.  These are a pair of Julia's 6 month pants!
 
 
 
 
We are ready for spring so that we can play outside!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are awesome! I love Julia's expressions!

    My favorite one of Julia is the one of her in the basket...and the hair one!

    My favorite one of Jed is the one with the drill!.

    They are precious and hilarious.

    Sorry she is sick :( and that the patch war is so awful. It will get better as she gets older, which I know is no help right now.

    Keep us posted on the doc visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a blog post! :) Boo for sickness. :(
    Love all the pics, they both are too cute!!!
    I'll be thinking of you as you head back to your PO over break.
    We are looking forward to spring as well... we all need a little fresh air! Fortunately we are not sick (at the moment) but I think we have a serious case of cabin fever! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a cutie! Both of them are! We're looking into arm braces for my 17 mo old. She contantly rips off her eye patch. I wish you luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete