Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

So lots of people are doing a "month of thankfulness" on facebook.  I wish I was that dedicated.  But after an awesome message at church on Sunday (thanks Pastor Phil) I do realize that I have a lot to be thankful for.  So here goes...in no particular order. 

I am thankful for:

1. coffee
2. DVR on the TV
3. internet
4. logic puzzles
5. bubble bath
6. warm beds
7. fun toys
8. applesauce in a pouch
9. glow sticks
10. pizza
11. sleep
12. bubbles
13. books
14. digital cameras
15. central heat/air conditioning.
16.  and much, much more

Now, I know some of those sound fluffy or irrelevant, but I really am thankful for all the little things that bring me joy.  As for the big things, sometimes words can't express your gratitude.

My husband - the caring, sweet, helpful man that he is.  He brought me out of my shell and showed me a world that I never knew existed.  I wasn't truly alive until I met him.

My kids - my beautiful, wonderful, smart kids.  They are my heart walking around on this planet.

My family - so supportive, helpful and loving.  I love that my sisters are more than sisters and are friends.  I love that I see my parents every week and can talk to them about everything.

Health - while we have definitely had our challenges, we are healthy.  My kids can run and play and jump.  And we have health insurance that helps with the surgeries, appointments, and contacts. 

My fellow imoms - they truly "get it."  I am amazed that I have been able to connect with a little community of moms that are experiencing the same cataract journey.  Between camopatchsunday and the instragram conversations, I know I am not alone. 

I have so much to be thankful for.  I really do have a wonderful life.  There are lots of ups and downs - we've had good times and bad - but we really are blessed. 

And I am thankful that I have figured out the easiest, fastest, least painful way to let my kids visit Santa.  Before you enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner, just hit Bass Pro.  They are open on Thanksgiving, and since everyone else is scarfing down turkey, it was empty!  This is the second time we have done this, and it is awesome.

And besides seeing Santa (which Julia refused to do), they have a whole kids area.  And you get a free 4x6 pic with Santa!  Jed was able to do every activity that was there, with no waiting! 

First he rode the carousel.
Then he shot the rifles (don't worry, they were laser).
This is what Julia did while Jed had fun.
Driving the remote control monster truck.
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awh LOVE this post, so thoughtful! Happy Thanksgiving! Your babies are getting so big, Julia looks like a lil toddler in that first pic. Adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like being aware of the small blessings. It makes me so much more content when I realize how good my life is. Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... Logic Puzzles. Sorry I got you hooked on those. And I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete