Saturday, October 13, 2012

Glasses

Julia's glasses have arrived.  I'm not going to say that it has been easy, but "fingers crossed" she is adapting well.  She still will take them off her face if she is not playing or she is tired, but it is going better than I've expected.

 
And the best thing is - I really think she can see better with these glasses.  She is grabbing for my face when she looks at me like she can actually see my face.  It brings tears to my eyes to watch her stare at things because I really think she is seeing more detail than she ever has.  I am praying that she is using both eyes together too.  We head back to the doc on Nov. 2 to see how her acuity is and how things are going with the glasses.  So right now I am just enjoying no patches (yeah!) and no contact (yeah!).  Here are some of the things I won't miss this month:
 
 
 
 
She is trying to get a cracker in her mouth while wearing mittens!
 
And now, just for fun...a few pics of our life.
 
Glow sticks in the tub with the lights off.  Try it - so fun!
 
Here is what it looked like with the lights on!
 
 
Setting up his microphone.
 
Singing!
 
And can you believe it - Julia's birthday party is tomorrow!  My beautiful baby is going to turn one on Monday.  It is definitely bittersweet.  I'll post pics of the party as soon as I can.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out if the glasses work for her. I like her frames. Enjoy the time off the patch!

    Happy birthday! Can't believe she is going to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her glasses!! She is awesome. If/when you do have to start patching again, I will say that I think once Anderson got his glasses, it was a lot easier to keep his patch on, so there is a tiny glimmer of hope.

    Happy 1st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have your hands full with both of them... LOVE the tub pic! Her lil pink frames are so cute AND her sweet smiling face is even cuter! Happy 1st Birthday to Julia! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete