Sunday, October 21, 2012

Birthday

Can you believe this...

Has grown up into this?
 
My baby is one year old.  Where did the time go?  I feel like time has moved ever so slowly as we have tackled contacts, surgeries, patches, glasses and doctor appointments.  Yet it has gone so quickly.  I feel like I blinked and my baby is grown. 
 
Julia is definitely my high maintenance diva.  She was high maintenance even before the "eye" issues started.  We dealt with reflux (she screamed for four months straight), RSV, pneumonia and then the Eye...and through it all, she has grown, developed and melted my heart with every smile, giggle, babble.
 
We had an awesome party for her.  Just the family, celebrating her birthday.  Here are the highlights.
 
The "Julia" wall  - pics from every month.
 
Presents!
 
Cake!
 
It was a great day.  I think every mom reflects on labor/delivery/birth when a birthday rolls around.  Makes you a bit nostalgic and teary. 
 
On a side note, Julia is having a functional vision assessment tomorrow with First Steps to see if she needs any vision services in addition to her occupational therapy.  I am thinking that she won't, since her new glasses really seem to help her see better.  Now if she would just keep them on for more than a few minutes! 
 
We just searched the house for an hour when we realized that Julia didn't have her glasses on.  I had been cleaning up the house and she was following me around.  I looked down and she didn't have her glasses.  We looked, and looked and looked.  I felt like we were back to our "contact days" of searching.  Down on our hands and knees around the whole house.  Couldn't find them.  I was ready to cry.  We just had new lenses put in these glasses.  We have a pair of miraflex ordered, but they aren't in yet, and I knew we couldn't have the assessment tomorrow without the glasses.  Finally found them.  Guess where...in the fridge!  She must have slipped them in the bottom shelf while I was putting things away from lunch.  Seriously - I love this girl, but she is definitely making me go grey!
 
Keep us in your thoughts for the assessment tomorrow and then again on Nov. 1st when we do another Cardiff acuity test and see the eye doc again to decide what the next step is for Julia!
 
Oh...and Jed hasn't had an accident in almost a week!  I think my baby boy is almost potty trained.  He isn't a baby anymore, he looks like a little person now. 

 


2 comments:

  1. Love her opening the presents pic, such a big girl! I had to laugh at the lost glasses story although I know you weren't laughing when it happened. I can't even count how many times I have stopped to realize Easton's glasses weren't on his face. After learning the hard way, I now always check the backseat floor in the CAR! Wow she got you good with the frig. LOL. hoping all went well with the vision tests... let us know when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her birthday outfit. She is precious. And like Amanda, I couldn't help but laugh at the glasses being in the frig. Not so much because I've found glasses there, but because I can see MYSELF doing something like that...lol. I hope your appointment today went well!

    ReplyDelete