Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hurray for summer!

I kept telling myself, "I'll blog more when school is out and I have so much free time this summer."  Who was I kidding?  Haven't had a free moment yet.  But what I have had is tons of memories ingrained in my head of my beautiful family.

We spent Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in the country with family.  Jed was so dirty - but had so much fun!  He played with dump trucks, jumped on a trampoline, dug in the dirt and sat on PaPa's 4-wheeler!


Julia just hung out on a blanket - but I'm sure she had fun too.  Especially since she didn't have to wear her patch!

We have been spending a ton of time in the backyard and on the deck.  Jed loves to be outside and I like it too. 

Can't go wrong with a bubble gun and a popsicle!

How do I eat this?

I love bubbles!

Note the construction on the side of our house.  It is actually on both sides so we get to watch bulldozers and tractors on a daily basis.  Endless entertainment.

R.I.P orange popsicle. 

Swimming!

Mommy's popsicle died too.

We've also been to Six Flags (well, Jed and I went) and he loved the water park!  He rode a few rides, but the swimming was more up his alley.  I didn't really get any pics from Six Flags because I kept forgetting to dig the camera out of the diaper bag. 

The kids also got to see their first movie in a theater!  (Well, Julia slept through her first movie).  We saw "Rio" which is one of Jed's favorites.  It is spectacular on the big screen and he only got antsy a few times.  A big thank you to the local movie theater for doing free movies in the mornings during summer!  Such a great way to beat the heat.

Next on the agenda is hitting the neighborhood pool, trying to get out to Purina Farms to see the animals, and definitely doing some story time at the library.  I could really get used to this staying at home thing...




3 comments:

  1. FUN pics!! I love the construction around you-free entertainment! Also, I totally agree about the staying at home thing:) There are so many great activities to do with a 2 year old!! I love Julia's Camo outfit pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia is so sweet, love the new blog look! Hurray for summer is right... live it up, Jed certainly is! ;)

    ReplyDelete